Monday, August 9, 2010

It may have been a while since I've posted, but I found myself in a state of conflict as to whether I was really busy, or doing nothing. But I think I figured out how to explain it.... I've been busy doing nothing (a lot of internet research and planning for this trip). With the exception of the World Cup, I didn't find anything that I would really want to write to you. However, the page has turned! It's 10:13p.m. here. Tomorrow at 2:30 in the afternoon I will be on my way to Valencia, the east coast of Spain for the next 22 days. "Wow", you might say,"that's a lot of vacation time!". And you're right it is, which is why I am going for work. This will be my first excursion for interviews and gathering information from organizations, churches, and individuals. (I'm sure I'll find some of those interviews to be on the beach, though ;). So please pray! I'm actually pretty nervous. I need to be able to understand and communicate well in Spanish, and I have to know what I'm doing in this new job. At one point I thought a friend of mine would be going who is a native speaker, but that didn't work out. I think this will be a big learning experience for me on how to trust God with EVERYTHING. If things turn out well, and like we planned, then praise God. And if things don't turn out like we planned, but totally different, the praise God. But he will be the Rock on which I stand in every moment. Would you also please be praying for Taryn. She's been getting better and better, and so is her walking, but it's is still difficult and uncomfortable. Pray for the Lord to heal her legs and give them a rest. We've been preparing ourselves for roadblocks that may come along the way due to spiritual warfare, but the last thing we want is to allow these roadblocks to steal glory from God. So here's my top 5 things you can be praying for us this month! 1)Taryn's legs 2)Ability to communicate well 3)Taryn & I to love a serve one another. We'll be sharing everything (room, work, play, meals... air). It's easy to become selfish! 4)The Lord to prepare the hearts of people so they will be open to the Gospel, and he will receive glory! So until the next time I write (which I hope to be much sooner) I hope you enjoy these pics! The crowd waiting to welcome home the champions! There were over 2 million on this street alone. And there they are! I could literally touch the bus they were on! Check out more on my facebook page.
This was the madness downtown at one of the viewing spots. I could see millions of people in the streets celebrating! No burning cars, just maybe some broken street signs from people climbing to see the view....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you on your trip, Brook. You and Taryn are going to do great and God will use you both! Have fun and learn a lot. Love you, Kathy and Steve