Monday, April 12, 2010

I had promised this picture a long time ago and decided to go ahead a post it now. Notice that my seat was layed all the way back, with it sitting upright, my face met the collapsed roof. The dashboard was in my lap, but just that, my legs didn't have an ounce of pressure on them. The car was a perfect mold for my body. Praise the Lord for his goodness and grace.

I know I'm a missionary, but the thrill of taking this illegal picture was worth the cause. This is one of the chambers in the old palace in Madrid. The embellishments were incredible!

This is the symbol for Madrid, and I don't know why. But this bear is everywhere, even in finely carved chocolate. mmmmmmmm

It was worth the long beautiful drive, good company and good food. Madrid has it all! The mountain was a little sparse for skiing, though.

We found a nice creek bend and I crossed a shakey bridge just to capture this picture for ya'll!

We went up on the mountain side and had a (very) nice lunch at a garden restaurant, and Gary was the chef.

I got to go to the private concert, because on of my roommates is friends with a network lady. If any of you recognize her, help me out. She's an award winning Mexican singer.

And the metro can get pretty crowded at night if you want to get around. So hold on to your purse!


These are some of the fun things I've had the opportunity to do since I've been here. It's been SO much fun... now if only I could fully understand what people are saying to me....

3 comments:

Cara said...

Did you get your hair cut?! Loved the pics. The chocolate bear & tree actually looked quite delicious... Hope you get back to T-Blocker & Spain SO FAST! :D

Anonymous said...

Hope that guy was wearing deodorant. Love ya sis!
- Jill

Anonymous said...

the chocolate bear symbol sounds GREAT. i think the only symbol for costa rica is either a barking dog or dog poop on the "acera!" either way, yours is mucho mehor!
steve & kathy