Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting aquainted with "home"

I'm finally in Madrid! It has been a few days of traveling.... which really sets off my body clock. But I'm so excited to be here! Yesterday afternoon I arrived in Portugal where my supervisors (Nolen and Sheilah) picked me up, and we started on our way home. Last night we stayed in a hotel that was once a convent (there are many of those around here).



It's a quaint place.



But the best part was the badet. Note the soap next to it. It's labeled "toilet soap". Needless to say, I didn't use this. Mostly because I don't know how and it scares me a little bit.

Five hours later, after driving throught the thick smog we arrived at my new home! I was greeted by my sweet roommates. One, Meredith, I already knew from training and we were so excited to see each other once again! Janette is my other roomie, and she has been here for a year now teaching ESL to children.



This is where the 3 of us sit and gab as we play on our computer. I suppose I'll also be doing quite a bit of studying in here.



This is our kitchenet and breakfast area. So I hear Meredith is great cook and Janette is a great baker :) I came to the right place!



This is my room. I've been spending quite a bit of time in here today cleaning and sleeping! Luckily I have a nice closet.



I saved the best for last. We have our own badet!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's so tiny!

Anonymous said...

I love the toilet! so cool! it would make me want to go to the bathroom all the time. your little place looks so cute and i'm glad your settled in. love you!
- Jill G

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It looks like you have an adorable place to live. :) And isn't it awesome to room with someone from FPO?

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE, Brook! So glad you are there! Hang in there and we'll be praying for you.
Steve & Kathy