Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ok.. so I know it's been 2 months since I've had a post, and I'm sorry. But the adventures have added up! Every where I go is an opportunity to witness, and there are some pretty great stories to tell! Last week I moved out of the apartment I was in, and into a temporary one so that I can be closer to my team, and the center of town! So instead of having an hour and 20 min commute, I now have a 10 min commute! I am only missing an internet connection. Luckily I don't have to travel far to get one. I've been doing a lot of apartment hunting, and I think we finally found one. I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Taryn has gotten her medical release and will be here in the middle of this month! Praise the Lord! I just have to make one minor detour to the US at the same time she will be arriving :( My visa still isn't ready, and my 90 days are up on my passport. I'll be so glad to have the chance to see family for a little bit. I'm hoping that I won't be stateside for more than a week or 2, though. It seems like really bad timing with Taryn's arrival, my language studies, and trying to close on an apartment... but I've decided to not worry about it all and pray for the Lord to work out the details. After all, I don't have any control over them anyways. :)

I have finished my language class, and begun with a tutor (who was my profesora as well). It has been so great and such a blessing! My time with her is all conversational and so I talk a lot about my day, my past and my future.... and you better believe not a day goes by that we don't talk about the Lord. I want so badly for her to see the goodness and peace that comes with having a relationship with God. She's a great girl, and it is my prayer that she give her life to Christ. Here in Spain, people celebrated Holy Week with absolutely no understanding of why. Mary has been made into such an idol, that all they know is that she performed the miracled of the virgin birth. But we all know that this isn't true, right? God performed that miracle and so many others that we are told about in Scripture. It wasn't until in recent years that the catholic church permitted people to read the Word! So even then, most people have never read the Good Book and have never read truth for themselves. On the other hand here, people have no religion or belief system at all. Only to find what makes that person happy.... The very idea of individual truth contradicts itself. So here I am with the opportunity to tell people about Christ and what love and forgiveness is for the first time in their lives. You can imagine what a struggle it is to say all this in Spanish for a beginner life me! So please continue to pray for my language developement and the quick arrival of my visa!

I'll make another post soon full of pictures for you to see! Please keep in touch with me and let me know how I can be praying for you! Love you all so much

In Him

1 comment:

Faith My Eyes said...

I'm super pumped about you and Taryn getting back together! And I can't wait to see you guys really really really really soon! Keep strong, sister!